Where to Buy?
Acyclovir (Zovirax) is an antiviral drug, particularly effective against herpes simplex virus (the virus that causes skin lesions and mucosal). It is also used to treat zoster virus (the virus that causes a disease of the central and peripheral nervous system with the appearance of rash).
Oral administration of Acyclovir is usually well tolerated, but can cause:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache;
- decreased concentration, hallucinations, exhaustion, drowsiness, insomnia and difficulty of breathing;
- allergic skin reactions, fatigue;
- an increase in urea;
- creatinine and serum bilirubin;
- temporary changes in the blood picture and liver enzymes.
The cream can cause redness, dryness and soreness.
Acyclovir is contraindicated for patients with:
- dehydration, renal failure, neurological disorders;
- period of lactation;
- hypersensitivity to acyclovir, ganciclovir or to any excipient of the drug.
How to take
- The initial dose for adult patients is 200 mg per day with the treatment of 5 days. Severe cases may require prolonged treatment.
- Patients with severely weakened immune system and poor intestinal absorption may need a double dose of the medicine.
- Dosage for patients with normal immune system is 200 mg 4 times a day, or 2 tablets, twice a day.
- Children: older than 2 years old receive the same dose as adults; under 2 years – half of the adult dose.
Concomitant use of probenecid reduces clearance of Acyclovir.
Concomitant use of nephrotoxic drugs increases the risk of renal dysfunction.
Take the capsule as soon as you remember. However, dont take the double dose and continue the prescribed dosage.
Information regarding overdose is restricted. Specific signs of an overdose are unknown. However, more expressed symptoms of side effects should be expected.
It is necessary to carry out common activities aimed at the maintenance of respiratory function and cardiovascular system.
In case of severe overdose, contact emergency services immediately (USA/UK – 911 / 112 / 999).
The medicine should be kept in a dry place with temperature no higher than 25C, away from children.
Has a Generic Acyclovir been approved?
Yes, generic Acyclovir is no different from regular brand products.
Other Manufacturers include:
- Sivling Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Zee Laboratories Ltd
- Agio Pharmaceuticals Limited
- East African (I) Remedies Pvt Ltd
- Bhavishya Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Ind-Swift Limited
- Geo Pharma Pvt Ltd
- Finecure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Terrace Pharmaceuticals (P) Ltd
- Novus Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
- Multicure (Laborate Pharmaceuticals India Ltd.)
- Samarth Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
- Optho Remedies Pvt.Ltd.
- Maneesh Healthcare (Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd)
- Gary Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Euro Biotech (Solitaire Pharmacia Pvt Ltd)
- Eli Lilly and Company (India) Pvt Ltd
- Osper Pharmaceutics Pvt. Ltd.
- Dial Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- East India Pharmaceutical Works Ltd.
- Zee Laboratories Ltd
You can buy Acyclovir Generic or Zovirax without any prescription online
- Select dosage/quantity
- Add medicine to cart
- Review shopping cart and proceed to checkout
- Sign in as an user or fill out information to complete the order
- Submit the order and wait for delivery